Teacher Merit Pay Program

The ILTexas Teacher Merit Pay Program, made possible by funding from HB3 and TEA, is designed to put the very best ILTexas teachers on a path to a $100,000 salary. Unlike many other school districts, ILTexas gives 90% of the money we receive from the state directly to our teachers. The other 10% goes to the non-certified teachers who also show high levels of student growth and would have received a designation had they been certified. These funds are in addition to a teacher's normal salary and is TRS eligible. We know that our students aren’t successful without teachers who are supported and rewarded. 

How it works

The ILTexas Merit Pay System is primarily based on student growth, but also takes into account teacher evaluations and 360 feedback. Click here to review the ILTexas Teacher Merit Pay Program Training.

  • Student Growth – 80% - As determined by STAAR, Map, Istation, or ACTFL

  • ILTexas Modified T-Tess – 10%

  • 360 Survey – 10% - Including peer, parent, and student feedback