The core of the ILTexas education is our exclusive leadership program, which emphasizes servant leadership and teaches students how to live our motto, "Others Before Self."
ILTexas prepares our students for exceptional leadership roles in the international community by teaching our students from K-12 leadership based on the United States Marine Corps generally accepted definition of leadership which is “the sum of those qualities of intellect, human understanding and moral character that enable a person to inspire and to control a group of people successfully.
Our leadership instruction is extremely well ground in the Marine Corps 14 Leadership Traits and 11 Leadership Principles.
11 Marine Corps Leadership Principles:
2. Be technically and tactically proficient
3. Know your Marines and look out for their welfare
4. Keep your Marines informed
5. Set the example
6. Ensure the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished
7. Train your Marines as a team
8. Make sound and timely decisions
9. Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates
10. Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities
11. Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions
Additionally, through events like our Leadership Speaker Series, students have the opportunity to engage with international leaders, like Prime Minister of Australia Kevin Rudd, President of Mexico Vicente Fox, and Charles Q. Brown Jr., Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force.